Sunday, March 14, 2010

Be Good Girls and Boys

So it has been an amazing weekend. I skipped class and went down to Echo with my family...generally nothing gets better than that! But on Saturday, Elder Bednar was in Lethbridge and did a fireside for the YSA. I am in the institute choir so I got to sit right behind him. It was amazing. And his hair really is as perfect as it looks on TV!

Instead of talking to us for 2 hours, he opened up the whole time for questions. If you could ask an apostle of the Lord anything, what would it be? There was a plethora of thoughts running through my mind but everything was too personal to actually put forth in front of the entire YSA from Southern Alberta. When people asked him questions, he didn't just give them the answer and move on; rather, he put them in the right direction and gave just enough to get started. Then it was up us to find the answer for ourselves and come to our own conclusion. We must be agents unto ourselves. I know what I can do to get my own answers. We need to act and not be acted upon. He talked about being good boys and girls. And that is what I want. I want to be a good girl! There is so much more that I can do.

We simply claim and boldly testify that God speaks. I know that He is mindful of me and knows me personally. Elder Bednar spoke on the differences between objects and agents. He really put the concept of agency into perspective for me. We have already accepted Christ and have made covenants with Him. We can no longer do whatever we want. When we choose to not follow in His ways, we are violating our covenants, not 'exercising our agency'. Elder Bednar put it much more eloquently than I can.

We live in the greatest season in the history of the world! What tremendous blessings and opportunities are before us!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that you were there! I heard he was coming. The choir is lucky to have you :) Thanks for sharing some of what he taught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaden enjoyed his meeting as well. He took notes and told me all about it when he got home. Thanks for being good kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a really great meeting! I really liked reading your thoughts/testimony of it Katie! You ARE a good girl!!

    ReplyDelete