Monday, May 17, 2010

Virginia Is For Lovers!

What a whirlwind of a month! It seems like just yesterday I was pulling all-nighters to study for finals and trying to find ways to squeeze more tutoring appointments in. School ended with a bang though. It was a busy but fun-filled few weeks. Even though I didn't graduate, I was ahead in my program so the faculty said I should be involved in the Grad Dinner because these students were the ones I went to school with. It was so great! These two teachers have been the most influential throughout my school years. I learned so incredibly much from them.



So school finished and I was off onto my next crazy adventure. GreenStar Summer Sales! It was a long 36 hour drive from Alberta to Virginia. It is so amazingly great to be here with Kyle and Jess and their little family! Partly because Kaden isn't here! Now don't get me wrong, I love my little brother, but whenever he is around---the rest of us are chop liver when it comes to the nieces and nephews! I just love that Grace and Noah are excited to see me and are always asking if 'Aunt Katie' is coming over. Most of the time it is all about Kaden, so it is nice to have the spot light for once.

Summer Sales has been an experience in and of itself!!! It is definitely a lot harder than I thought it would be! But I will forever remember the name of my first lady I sold. Kizzy Shoaf. I can't say I absolutely love what I do but I do think it is good for me. I'm gonna grow me a little backbone!!

So yes, summer sales has been interesting so far. The rest of the office we have here are absolutely awesome though. Everyone is so much fun! I love it! It is so great to be here for the summer. It is gorgeous down here and so green!

I had a crazy experience this past week though!!! My windshield wipers randomly stopped working one day. It wasn't supposed to rain but around 4 o'clock, we were all caught in a terrible downpour. I made it back to my car and was gonna go pick up the other girls so that they could get somewhat dry, but without my wipers I couldn't see a thing! It was crazy and I was in a pickle. So I put my farm-girl upbringing (ha) to good use and decided to improvise. Watch video below for the DIY windshield wiper demo!


So that is all for now! It is kinda a long post but it has been a muchly-needed update!
Hope you enjoyed!

6 comments:

  1. Yes the video worked and that is hilarious! You crack me up. I love reading about your life on this blog don't get me wrong, but I really want to talk to you. It's been too long. Glad to hear you got there safe and have gotten through the first week though. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck you are hilarious! Seriously CALL MEEEE! Or give me a number so I can call you!! ps cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Oh Katie, that last video left me seriously laughing out loud! You are such a thinker. I never would have thought of such a brilliant idea.
    What an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha.....oh katie you make me laugh!! Thank goodness for those farm girl instincts! hahaha! Im sad you will be gone all summer though cause i wont get to see you when i get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the string idea...who would have thought of that but you. You do think out of the box! Good luck at school this year.

    ReplyDelete