Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Life Gave Me Lemonade...

Wow it has been awhile!! Life has been crazy crazy crazy but so good! I love it down here.

So to make a long story short, the night time office person that worked for Kyle had to be let go-she came to work a little tipsy- so I jumped at the chance to work in the office! It is what I have always wanted to do and what I had planned on doing when I came down here to work in the first place. I knew I still needed to grow me a little backbone so I was going to knock from 11-4 and then work in the office from 5-10. But then the day time person decided to move on to something else so I took over full time. It couldn't have gone more perfect. How could I have such great luck?...It most definitely had something to do with my amazing mother who fasted for me more times than I even know. But yes, I love my job. Kyle and I make a dynamic duo! And each day I learn more and more how much of a nerd I really am. The other day I answered the phone "GreenStar Pest Control, this is Katie", and talked to this lady for a bit before transferring her over to Kyle. Kyle answered the call and the lady exclaimed, "Wow, I feel like I am talking to Ken and Barbie!" Nope. Just Katie and Kyle!

And I am excited to welcome a new niece or nephew into my family! KJ and Shayla are expecting. They will be amazing parents. I can just picture KJ now getting crazily excited to go pick out a car seat and stroller.

So ya, life is good.


PS- Can I just say I miss this girl like the dickens!

2 comments:

  1. finally a post! I'm so glad to hear you are in the office full time. You have always had the best receptionist voice and mannerisms. And congrats to KJ and Shayla. That is sure exciting. Have a great day in the office! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie Girl, I have heard more than one comment on how the folks that phoned into your office have commented to Kyle about what a pleasant secretary he has working for him. Do you think it's really fair that you have so many talents? Just to name a few ... Beautiful Singer ~ Great Flute player ~ so clever you didn't have to write your college exams ~ top waitress at Prince of Wales Hotel getting more tips than the others ~ can read an 800 page book in one day and not miss any part of it!
    Yep ~ you are one granddaughter that makes me very proud. But I do miss you.

    ReplyDelete