Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Grow Me A Little Backbone...


So School has been super busy this semester. I knew that this semester was going to be a lot more intense than the last, so I told myself I would be firm in setting up how much tutoring I was going to do. At the beginning of the year, I sat down and set up my schedule. I was going to tutor 2 days a week and only between certain times. The semester began, and that concept flew out the window so fast my head is STILL spinning.

I haven't been really good at updating my calender on my computer, so sadly this is still lacking several appointments.


I told myself 3 weeks ago that I just couldn't take on anymore students. But then last Thursday, I said "yes" to three more. Then another one the following Monday.
I just can't say No! And it has gotten me into trouble once again....! But here comes the real kicker! Yesterday, one of my old professors contacted me and inquired about some of the classes that I was tutoring. She asked if I would be willing to tutor 2 individuals that were taking some advanced accounting courses through correspondence with Athabasca. How does she know these 2 individuals, you may be wondering? (Well you're probably not-but I will say anyways). They are colleagues of hers. Yes, colleagues. She asked if I would be willing to tutor 2 other professors at the College! Holy stress to the max! So I am going to have to revamp my schedule once again and figure out what in the world I am going to do.

1 comment:

  1. So Katie, as you get older (and wiser) you will learn to say no and not feel bad and,Holy Cow you are smart Katie. Good for you and your lucky students.

    ReplyDelete