Friday, December 31, 2010

All Good Things Must Come To An End....

2010 has reached its close and with bittersweet feelings that I say goodbye. It has been an amazing year with many ups and downs. Definitely one of the best though.

School has been one of my saving graces this year. When I look back on all that I accomplished and everything that I was able to be a part of, I am overwhelmed. This past year has honestly changed my life.
I'm a nerd and found this picture today. It makes me somewhat happy though!


I spent the summer in Virginia and it was phenomenal! Spending time with Kyle and Jess and their family was such a highlight. I don't know what I would do without Jess in my life. She was my rock over the summer. When I got a little crazy and my mind wouldn't cooperate--she was there! And I loved everything about Virginia. Heck, I even loved my job! Who knew...me and bugs! But to be honest, it was really just all about being able to work with Kyle and spend more time with him.

I love Christmas. And this Christmas was extra special! We travelled up to Hinton to spend the holidays with Kennedy and Eric and their little ones! A day with the Holts is always one to remember. But we got an extra surprise this Christmas! Shayla went into labor 5 1/2 weeks early and it was a Christmas miracle! There was one bed available in all of Alberta. So at one in the morning on the 23rd, they ambulanced KJ and Shayla to Edmonton and baby Jonah James Wood was born that night. He weighed 5 pounds 10 ounces, which is a really good size for being a premie baby. Jonah was transferred down to Lethbridge on Sunday and is still in NICU but doing really well. And he is honestly just the cutest little baby anyone ever did see!


Christmas is always a special time. I have many fond memories with my family around the holiday season. But each year, right around 10:00pm on December 24th, my dad and brothers approach me with this wildly desperate and pleading look in their eyes....and I just know. I know that I will be spending the next 2-3 hours wrapping their Christmas presents for them. My dad actually came to me earlier in the month this year but decided to dispense with the theatrics because he knew I would just do it. I've recently come across this blog about 1000 awesome things and thought this was so true. Don't you just love wrapping presents and how it is the best thing when the wrapping paper lines up perfectly!

This is un-awesome.

This is awesome!!

I want to be better at noticing those little things that make life awesome!

Do you want to know how I spent all last Christmas...???


Yup! That is what I did. And this Christmas hasn't been a whole lot different! It's been amazing and relaxing and just what I needed.

So this year has been amazing! But I am going to make 2011 even better!!!


PS- Happy Birthday Noah!!!!!!
I can't believe how big you are!!!!!


What a stud muffin!


1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more about the summer Katie, you kept me sane while Kyle was busy, busy, busy! We had so much fun. I loved seeing all those books you read and glad to hear your having another nice relaxing Christmas! Kyle definately missed your wrapping help this year!!! Noah woke us all up first thing to open presents, he's so old...and quite impressed that he made it on your blog! I miss our Sunday afternoon visits and you! Love, Jess.
    Hi Aunt Katie, I love you. Come visit please! Love, Grace
    Aunt Katie, you should come visit! Love, Noah

    ReplyDelete