Monday, December 20, 2010

Suddenly I See

I woke up this morning and could see the twinkle in the angel's eye on the Christmas tree. Big deal? Yes! Normally I just see some blur of a color blob. Miracle? Practically. I had laser eye surgery on Friday. Now, I'm sure I know what you are thinking. "Really Katie?! You?? You are such a wimp when it comes to anything like that." And it is so true. But it honestly was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

And really, it wasn't that bad. The appointment was about 4 hours long but the actual operation takes about 1 minute per eye. Just before I went under the knife, I found out that my parents helped pay for the surgery. I have the best parents in the entire world. When they put the numbing drops in my eyes, they couldn't tell what were tears and what were drops.


Merry Christmas everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. Yahoo I'm so happy for you! And you just keep getting more brave...I can't wait to hear what's next on your agenda : ) love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Katie! I am so jealous...i totally want to get it but I am too big of a chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO excited for you! and i LOVED spending time with you too!!!! happy you can see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! I just wish I could have seen you. I'll call you when I'm down and we'll get together if at all possible. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete